Physiotherapist is a professional health personnel who makes the necessary special measurements and evaluations about the pain and functional insufficiencies caused by the disease and disability, and plans and implements an appropriate physiotherapy and rehabilitation program to increase the quality of life based on these evaluation results.
Education begins with basic medical sciences such as anatomy and physiology in the first year. In the second year, the courses continue to be practiced in the field such as electro-physical agents and manipulative treatment techniques by grounding clinical sciences such as orthopedics, neurology, rheumatology, internal diseases and pediatrics. In the third year, the courses such as pediatric rehabilitation, orthopedic rehabilitation, neurological rehabilitation, prosthesis-orthotic rehabilitation, cardiopulmonary rehabilitation aiming to gain professional skills are given in theoretical and practical applications. With the completion of second grade and third grade, they gain their professional competencies by being sent to internships in various fields where the profession is practiced throughout the whole year along with summer internships where they can gain professional experience.
The education period of Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation Department is four years.
Occupational Profiles of Graduates:
- Public and Private Hospitals (public / private hospitals / medical centers / primary health care services)
- Public and Governmental Organizations (SESAM, Nursing Home, Dispensary, Child Protection Institutions)
- Sports Clubs
- Wellness Centers and Sports Centers
- Schools and Special Education Schools
- Special Education Centers
- Nursing homes and nursing homes,
- Home Care Centers,
- Special Foundations and Associations for Diseases
- They can be assigned to academic staff vacancies by having their Master’s and Doctorate Degrees.
Post-graduate Specialization Areas:
- Sports Physiotherapist
- Neurological Rehabilitation; Adult-Child Physiotherapist
- Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation / Respiratory Physiotherapist
- Adult Women and Men Health
- Hand Rehabilitation
- Orthopedic-Rheumatologic Rehabilitation
- Orthosis / Prosthesis Rehabilitation